2017 MA Farm Bureau Annual Meeting
Massachusetts Farm Bureau Federation’s (MFBF’s) Annual Meeting will be hosted by Worcester County Farm Bureau. The 2017 meeting will be held on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel in Framingham, Massachusetts. If you are planning to stay overnight, Farm Bureau members can book accommodations for Wednesday, Nov. 29 & Thursday, Nov. 30 at a rate of $119.95 for a single or double room, taxes are extra. Address: 1657 Worcester Road, Framingham, MA, 01701. Phone: 508.270.1914 / 888-627-7184
The delegate session will be held on Friday, Dec. 1. It is our delegate session that helps guide and direct MFBF. It is through our membership’s grassroots efforts that we develop resolutions, which direct our organization for the upcoming year. Contact your County Farm Bureau President if you would like to become a delegate.
*Save $5 on registrations made before Nov. 20
- Half day lunch registration (dinner is not included) - $35.00
- Half day dinner registration (lunch is not included) -$42.00
- Full day lunch/dinner registration - $77.00
- MA LTC/Home Firearm Safety Course (space is limited to 20, members must attend both sessions) - $85 Pre-registration required
MA LTC/Home Firearm Safety Course (space is limited to 20, members must attend both sessions) - ** $85 pre-registration required, this fee covers both sessions**
The course covers the safe handling and operation of many types of modern firearms. Students are given the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe handling, operation, storage of firearms and ammunition in the home and transportation of firearms outside the home. This class does not contain live fire exercises. However, you will be shown how to load and unload rifles, shotguns, revolvers, semi-auto pistols and black powder firearms. No handling or loading of live ammunition will be permitted in the class.
- Rules for Safe Gun Handling
- Identifying and Learn Steps for Loading/ Unloading Different Firearms
- Practical Exercises in Safe Gun Handling With Several Types of Firearms
- Ammunition identification
- Firearms maintenance and cleaning
- Applicable Massachusetts firearms laws for purchase, possession, transfer, storage and transportation
- Firearms permit process and differences of Class A LTC, FID licenses
- Proper storage and child-proofing of firearms in the home
- Transportation of firearms
- Firearm selection
- Ammunition selection for target practice as well as self defense
- The licensing process and completing the license application.
At the successful completion of the class you’ll be presented with a NRA Home Firearms Safety completion certificate, and the MA State Police Basic Firearm Safety Certificate that you’ll submit with your LTC application. **The fee for this course is $85 this covers both sessions. Simply click here to register or email John Conners at email@example.com to register.
Respirator Training and Fit-Testing to be Offered at Annual Meeting - *3 Pesticide Credit Hours - Sponsored by MFBF’s Promotion & Education Committee
There will be two workshops at our annual meeting that will meet the respirator training and fit-test requirements. Participants will need to complete the medical evaluation form found here to participation. Three credit hours will be provided towards pesticide license recertification.
Participants should bring their respirator (with a cartridge installed) to the training. Respirators will also be available for purchase on site.
2017 Crop Year Challenges
The Massachusetts Produce Safety Program: Integrating the FSMA Produce Safety rule with CQP
Pesticide Recertification Workshop - *1.5 Pesticide Credit Hours
Mass Agriculture in the Classroom (MAC) Panel Discussion
Cutting the Fat: How To Run An Effective Board Meeting - *Sponsored by MFBF’s YF&R Committee
Closing the Deal: Learn How To Be An Effective Salesperson For MFBF -*Sponsored by MFBF’s YF&R Committee
YF&R Bingo Fundraiser